The Database Administrator will be required to assist the Manager, Information Communications and Technology in developing and implementing a data management strategy for information storage, sharing, analysis, and publishing....
The Database Administrator will be required to assist the Manager, Information Communications and Technology in developing and implementing a data management strategy for information storage,sharing, analysis, and publishing. He/she will be responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of database architecture and the efficient and effective analysis of textual, numerical and audiovisual information at NEDCO.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recommends and assists with the implementation of strategies of data management, within established Information Architecture,that supports NEDCO’s business model.
- Liaise with Business Managers and the Manager,Information Communications and Technology to establish ICT related business requirements at the Branches and identify, propose, initiate and lead ICT improvement programmes.
- Conduct database configuration including installations and upgrades.
- Configure software and test platform-specific versions of one or more software products as directed by the Manager, Information Communications and Technology.
- Test software – including SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and the loan management system - using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools.
- Investigate corporate data requirements, and apply data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, to make recommendations on, modification or maintenance of data structures and their associated components.
- Assess issues (such as “Islands of Information”) which might prevent NEDCO from making maximum use of its information assets.
- Assist ICT Assistant in handling difficult or complex problems, and in investigating escalated complaints, disputes or queries.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in Management Information Systems or Information Technology.
- Certification is highly desired - including but not limited to MCSA-SQL Server and MCSE- Data Management and Analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2013
- Knowledge of relational database management systems(RDBMS), object-oriented database management systems (OODBMS).
- Experience with web applications
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in database administration.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Systems analysis and evaluation
NEDCO Employment Application form
Submit your applications to:
Human Resource & Administration Manager, NEDCO Head Centre,
#38 New Street,Port-of-Spain
Or via email to email@example.com
All applications must be submitted on the Employment Application Form and should include the name of the position in the subject line of the email/cover letter and be submitted by no later than February 15, 2019.