The Senior Auditor is responsible for the execution of the annual audit plan and the day to day internal audits.
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Reports To: Manager, Internal Audit
The Senior Auditor is responsible for the execution of the annual audit plan and the day to day internal audits. The Senior Auditor contributes to the Internal Audit (IA) function, by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluates the controls in place to mitigate these risks and to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The Senior Auditor provides advice to management in the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products and services to ensure that an appropriate level of control and compliance is maintained.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Audit Work Plan and Internal Audit Methodology
- Conducts preliminary and interim audit meetings with stakeholders to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
- Develops a risk-based plan by selecting an appropriate audit approach and tests procedures and sampling criteria.
- Performs audit tests and prepares work papers in accordance with professional International Internal Auditing (IIA) standards
- Evaluates the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives; identifies and documents controls and process weaknesses and provides evidential support for findings
- Conducts closing meetings with Heads of Departments at the end of field work, providing clear explanations for the identified issues
- Prepares concise and informative audit reports to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the Department.
- Participates in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or services and provides recommendations to mitigate project and end state risks
- Monitors the implementation of audit recommendations
- Assists with preparation of Reports for the Audit Committee’s Meeting
- Assists with the conduct of tests to assist the external auditors with the annual financial report audit.
- Assists in the achievement of the Departmental Targets.
Qualifications & Experience
- ACCA/ACMA/CPA or equivalent qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Business Information Management, Accounting or Finance;
- Professional Audit Certification (such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Internal Auditing
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors of Trinidad and Tobago Chapter would be an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of Auditing, Risk Management, Governance and Controls
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations, national and international standards and business principles governing the Company’s operation
- Knowledge of the governance requirements of State Enterprises and Government Agencies
- Proven ability in applying risk and control concepts to evaluate the effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk
- Highly developed analytical skills and interpretative judgement.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time, change and project management skills.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Maintaining confidentiality in all business matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Audit extraction and evaluate software
This document is intended to reflect only the main details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of your job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Deadline for submission 22nd July 2018
To apply, please complete the APPLICATION FORM. Completed forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete or Unsuitable Applications shall not be acknowledged